After attach collection and then:
Run the following command once for each collection, by replacing the <TPC> with the name of the collection databases (Replace XYZ with the server name that hosts the SQL instance.)
TFSConfig Recover /ConfigurationDB:XYZ;TFS_Configuration /CollectionDB:XYZ;<TPC>
Occasionally you may want to move your Team Foundation Server database to another server, because for example:
- You want to upgrade the underlying hardware or software infrastructure.
- You want to split the project collection between multiple servers.
- You want a copy of your live data in your test environment.
The process is fairly simple:
- Ensure that the target server has the same or newer SQL Server version than the source environment. It is important, because you cannot restore a SQL backup which was created with a newer SQL Server.
- Ensure that you have exactly the same version of TFS in both environments. Not only service packs, but also minor hotfixes matter!
- In your source server:
- Click Stop Collection in the TFS Admin Console.
- Click Detach Collection in the TFS Admin Console.
- Start SQL Server Management Studio and create a full backup of the database of the project collection.
- Copy the…
View original post 306 từ nữa